Yes, this is Marcia.
<-- This is a really cool shot I took standing at the base of the St. Louis Arch. Then I turned the lens straight across to the other base for this shot.–>
That was our first night.
The next day we went to Union Station to watch the Fudgery Show. Amazingly we escaped the mall with little money spent, we did buy a really cool tie for Jacob.
Day three we went to the Science Center and unfortunately for us, most of the cool things were closed for repairs/remodeling. However there was a cool room that made Jacob look really small and myself really tall.
On day four we went to the zoo. No entrance fee, and we got there early enought to get free parking!!! We stayed till closing time and loved the 78 degree November day. I have already posted the funny video from the Ape House, but right before the woman said that, she and her 3 friends had just walked into the room.
<-- This silverback saw them and as soon as they stepped close to the glass, he lunged at them and stopped just short of hitting the window. They screamed and we all had a great laugh. The best part of it was the look he gave them.
We were walking and enjoying the animals and for a short time it was cool to think about Erin in Africa and how she got to see a giraffe up close when we have to stay so far from the animals. I think this is a really pretty creature.
Fifth day we went to the City Museum. In theory it is pretty cool, in reality too. Except for the fact that I am grossed out by dirty things…. It is a maze made of recyled objects, some is art-like and others just play equipment. I am sure that they clean it well, but because I know it is old “trash” it kind of creeps me out. That evening we saw Spam-A-Lot. That was a really cool show. Thanks DC for reccommending it.
We decided to extend our stay one more night and had a relaxing trip home on day six.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 9:30
2. Diamonds or Pearls? Diamonds, I have a real one
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Pirates of the Caribbean 2
4. What is your favorite TV show? Quantum Leap or Dr. Phil
5. What did you have for breakfast? Milk, clementine, banana, unfrosted strawberry poptart
6. What is your middle name? Anne
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian
8. What foods do you dislike? Swimming kinds
9. Your favorite Potato chip? Cool ranch doritos – these potatoes are made with corn
10. Favorite CD you’ve been listening to lately? Wedding mix – our mix
11. What kind of car do you drive? 1994 Ford – no rearview mirror
12. Favorite sandwich? PB & J
13. What characteristics do you despise? Liars
14. What are your favorite clothes? Bib-overalls and toe socks
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? The Vatican
16. Favorite brand of clothing? Hanes
17. Where would you want to retire? Where ever my husband is
18. Favorite time of day? Early morning
19. Where were you born? In a hospital (Mt Pleasant, Iowa)
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? bowling, at least I didn’t say golf
21. Pepsi or Coke? Caffeine-free Dr. Pepper
22. Beavers or Ducks? beavers – ducks don’t have teeth
23. Are you a morning person or night owl? Both, but I like mornings much more better
24. Pedicure or Manicure? Manicure, I don’t let people touch my feet
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? I got married
26. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A ballerina or teacher
27. What is your best childhood memory? Summers playing with my cousins Laura & Kandi
28. Ever been toilet papering? Yes, very yes.
29. Been in a car accident? Yes, never while driving
30. Favorite restaurant? DuncanDonuts in Chile
31. Favorite flower? White Rose
33. Favorite ice cream? BlueBunny
34. Favorite fast food restaurant? Burger King
35. How many times did you fail your drivers test? A proud ZERO
36. From whom did you get your last e-mail? Jacob
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? FarmKing
38. Last person you went to dinner with? Jacob, Dan, Steve, & Fulton
39. How many tattoos do you have? Two of Jack Sparrow, but the directions say they will wear off in 2-4 days
40. What time did you finish this survey? in about 4 minutes
41. Favorite magazine? Reader’s Digest
42. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be? Harrison Ford or Julia Roberts
43. If you could choose another first name, what would it be? Skylar
44. If you could change your profession right now, what would you be doing? Will my boss see this…I work with my husband
While we usually delete emails that start with FW: without giving them a second thought, for some reason Marcia actually read one today that had a “a bunch of random questions about you” in it. We decided that we’d play along, but rather than annoy people who also dislike the letters F and W in their email subject lines, we’d post our responses here, on the blog.
1. What time did you get up this morning? About 11:00
2. Diamonds or Pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Pirates of the Carribean 2
4. What is your favorite TV show? Good Eats
5. What did you have for breakfast? Cereal – Marshmallow Mateys
6. What is your middle name? Ryan
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Seafood
8. What foods do you dislike? I’m a very unpicky eater, but I’m not very fond of lima beans or caviar
9. Your favorite Potato chip? Sour cream & onion Baked Lays
10. Favorite CD you’ve been listening to lately? Mormon Tabernacle Choir – Consider the Lillies
11. What kind of car do you drive? Honda Accord
12. Favorite sandwich? Reuben
13. What characteristics do you despise? Closed mindedness and self-centeredness
14. What are your favorite clothes? Blue jeans and a simple but nice shirt
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Tuscany – for the food!
16. Favorite brand of clothing? Old Navy
17. Where would you want to retire? Anywhere where the church is strong that isn’t in Utah.
18. Favorite time of day? Very late at night
19. Where were you born? Provo, Utah
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? Marching band
21. Pepsi or Coke? Pepsi, though I don’t really care for either
22. Beavers or Ducks? Ducks
23. Are you a morning person or night owl? Night owl, definitely
24. Pedicure or Manicure? Pedicure, I suppose. I’m not that metrosexual, though.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? I’m married!
26. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? A pilot.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Being with my family
28. Ever been toilet papering? Yes, more than I should admit
29. Been in a car accident? Yes. Twice. Less than a month apart.
30. Favorite restaurant? T.G.I. Friday’s
31. Favorite flower? Roses. They’re pretty and smell good and taste good (really!)
33. Favorite ice cream? Homemade vanilla (not plain vanilla, I mean stuff that tastes really vanilla-ey)
34. Favorite fast food restaurant? In’n’out burger.
35. How many times did you fail your drivers test? None. Got it right the first time.
36. From whom did you get your last e-mail? My business credit card payment processor.
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? The nearest
38. Last person you went to dinner with? Marcia, Fulton, Dan, and Steve
39. How many tattoos do you have? None.
40. What time did you finish this survey? I don’t know, I’m not done yet.
41. Favorite magazine? Bicycling
42. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be? I’d like to go biking
with Lance Armstrong, go to dinner with Emeril Lagasse, attend a lecture by Stephen Hawking, learn about public speaking from Steve Jobs, or do an acting workship with Johnny Depp.
43. If you could choose another first name, what would it be? Pedro. But only Marcia will know why.
44. If you could change your profession right now, what would you be doing? I’d have Curtis Stone‘s job.
More than you ever wanted to know about me. I wonder what Marcia will say!
Our big “secret honeymoon” was to
Bardolph, Illinois St. Louis, Missouri. We had a Great time and got to see lots. The Highlight of the trip was our visit to the zoo. We were able to watch the feedings of the sea lions and the penguins. However the most remarkable part was what we heard in the ape house. Listen to the video for what is said six seconds in.
Just a quick post in the middle of a busy few days. I checked the weather this afternoon on my favorite weather site to see just how cold it was going to be, and this is what I found:
Apparently it’s raining pigs in Table Grove, IL.
Oh, and to top it off, I put our zip code into wunderground, and it gave us Table Grove, which isn’t even where we live. Something fishy (or piggy?) is going on here.
Every once in a while, it’s good to go through the “My Documents” folder on your computer and just clean it out… you’d be amazed at how much cruft accumulates in there over time. I was doing that tonight, and I found a folder called, simply, “j.” I don’t remember where it came from, but in it I found a few very funny images that I must have saved from somewhere a long time ago. All of them have to do with the fundamental differences between men and women.
No, not THOSE kind of pictures.
Here’s one that shows how to control men, vs. how to control women:
No wonder women figure us men out so much faster than we can figure them out!
Oh, and the wedding is one week away! I’m excited.